Fuel Mileage

MCHAM

Could be a Charge air Cooler also. But this past 2 months my Mileage has gone to hell in a hand basket. New Cac,Filters,air and fuel,checked all tires. Adjusted my driving habits. Starting to think either the new CAC has a damn leak or this winter blend crap the refineries are putting out has dropped my loaded mileage by 200 miles or more a tank

First thing I look for when I have bad MPG is what is my Boost vs EGT readings. Its a good indacation how your air fuel ratio is doing and if your down on power. Restricted fuel flow does not really hurt MPG. Restricted air will reduce power. If you have low boost you have a leak or clogged fuel filters. low EGT tells me it is not getting the fuel it needs.

besides that winter blend fuel will reduce your MPG.

My problem is I had a CAC leak and had about 10 pounds lower boost. around 28 to 30 psi. my egt's climbed.Now I got a new CAC but still seem alittle low on boost and my egt's are still higher then normal if I really start working the motor. HAd to keep backling out of it to stay below 900 degrees. yesterday continued on my bounce from Houston to Decatur,Il and still have around 1/4 tank or so Also didn't idle thursday night. Was running between 58 to 60. then kicked up to about 65 which has me turning around 1500 rpms. Just trying to keep the boost low. Idk other then to change hoses on the turbo and i have found 2 times I have had to retorque the clamps on the turbo hoses atleast 1/2 turn

• 2 weeks later...