1947 MACK TYPE 45 ELECTRICAL PARTS

I am working for the city of Pacifica, CA re-wireing their 1947 type 45s fire pumper. I would not call it a "restoration" (i.e. using modern style wire as opposed to cotton-covered) but I am trying to come up with some original-style parts:

1) I need some of the little electrical connectors that are crimped on the end of the lighting wires. They are small mushroom-shaped thingies that sit in the bottom of the light socket and make contact with the light bulb. I can re-use some of the ones I have by soldering them onto the new wires, but some are missing.

2) The wires that go into the headlight buckets connect via a plug. I am missing the female (harness side) of the connector on both sides. It has 3 contacts (hi-beam, low-beam, marker light) I have never seen this exact connector before.

anyone know where I might find this stuff? I can send pictures if it helps.

Thanks!

-Peter

Peter, I would contact the Brillman Company in Va. as they may be able to help you. Check the Mack Museum website - there is a list of vendors for different parts, some electrical. You can aslo call or email the museum as they may know of additional vendors. Pictures may help your cause also.

Mark

The headlight connectors are very unique and I'd be surprised if you can find new replacements. I'd check with Cal Little, he is listed on the Mack Museum site, to see if he has any in his scrap yard.

You didn't say what lights you are trying to repair with new contacts, but if they are the tail lights you can get replacement lights from an aftermarket Jeep parts house such as Kiaser Willys.com. The tail lights used by the late 40's CJ's and pick ups are the same lights Mack used.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!