1987 GMC Brigadier - Some good, some bad, all ugly

Olivetroad

Olivetroad could handle it- it's downhill all the way to the paper mill, and down hill all the way back.

If it is a steep hill and requires a lot of gear jammin', slammin', shiftin', smokin', lip bitin', and all kinds of other in' type work, I just pull out my trusty map from the glove box and turn it upside down, that way you is going downhill - right?

You know I had an idea for one of those knuckle boom cranes. I plan on building a removable bed for the B and I thought that a smaller knuckle boom attached to the bed would be a sweet idea. First I gotts get a new 5th wheel.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

You know I had an idea for one of those knuckle boom cranes. I plan on building a removable bed for the B and I thought that a smaller knuckle boom attached to the bed would be a sweet idea. First I gotts get a new 5th wheel.

We had a flatbed with a knuckleboom attached to it that we could snap into the fifth wheel on a tractor. We were hauling junk presses out of a factory and we would park the trailer, attach the flatbed/crane and go into the building and load a press on the back and take it out and load on the trailer. It worked pretty good. But then someone offered me a good price for it and I sold it. I always sell the good things and keep the crap that doesn't work!

We had a flatbed with a knuckleboom attached to it that we could snap into the fifth wheel on a tractor. We were hauling junk presses out of a factory and we would park the trailer, attach the flatbed/crane and go into the building and load a press on the back and take it out and load on the trailer. It worked pretty good. But then someone offered me a good price for it and I sold it. I always sell the good things and keep the crap that doesn't work!

Here is Fullfuel01's crane truck that is used to get more Mack stuff and has a V8 too.

post-426-0-60564000-1329476687_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

When I first started on the path to get my CDL the heavy haul company I work for had a little Louisville Ford single-axle with a 6-71 Detroit and a 10-speed Roadranger and 4.11 gears. The truck became mine, basically, to shunt the trailers around the yard backing them in and what not. Our big trailer, a 2-3-2 Trail King had that little Ford around 60,000lbs. moving it without the jeep. That was about all that little Ford wanted to do, she'd torque up and twist moving it. It was loud, dusty, dirty, noisy, and you felt every bump, but, I miss that truck. I'd zip around grabbing gears just for the hell of it, wrapping the little Detroit up with both windows down just to hear it. We also had a GMC Brigadier with a water tank for a short while, had a 6v92 and a 7LL. Its the best obnoxious noise you'll ever hear.

Troy.

IMAGES COPYRIGHT TROY MILLER/ 10-4 MAGAZINE

10-4 Magazine - For Today's Trucker!

creek2smallcroppedsigna.jpg

Photography is a Beautiful Thing...

Contributor - 10-4 Magazine

I'm Not Fearless, I'm Just Stupid.