Has anyone done bussiness with All Vintage Trucks?

I orderd a set of mud flaps from them and nothing has shown up after 7 USPS working days, Jay

http://allvintagetru...k-mud-flaps-red

Edit : I got a call back , story is I called to make sure they had them in stock before I made the order. I was told his supplier said yes. Then after 7 working days I get a call back (after I called to check on them after nothing arrived) saying they were on back order and not in stock. NICE waste of time. So much for having them on my truck before the truck show on Saturday.

Jay:

That pair of mud flaps sold before you placed your order and we have contacted our supplier and they say the mud flaps are on back order. I humbly apologize for the inconvenience and the waste of time but we do NOT make these mud flaps. We try our best to ship in a timely fashion and I did explain to our supplier that you needed those mud flaps for a show this past weekend. We have not and will not charge you until they ship. Once again, my apologies.

Best regards,

John

John ,

A call or something would have been nice. After 7 days of waiting to hear that really put me behind. I know you dont make them , thats why we asked if you had a set in stock.

We did ask you if you have a set in stock , you said yes. If you didnt know the set you had in stock was sold or not , dont tell someone its ready to ship. Please take the time in the future to look into things like that. Then we dont hear anything for over a week , and you knew I had a truck show coming up this Saturday that we told you about. Im glad I called or id have never known. Im sorry about the shortness, I dont want to come off a jerk , im just frustrated I only have a couple days to find another decent temp. set. Worst case il put some black ones on for now.

I will install yours when they arrive. Give me a call when they come in please that way I will be on the lookout , Thank you and take care. Jay Bennett

Jay this kind of shit happens all the time and is frustrating. I don't think John did anything wrong but the order once discovered could not have been filled promptly should have been followed through with communication ensuing. This is good business practice. Typically if something went wrong or incorrect in my business functions I look to offset the "cost" to the consumer with either a reduced rate, or something tangible of use. I'm not saying anything should be done as it's not my business and nobody purposely did anything wrong; just sometimes shakes out that way.

Either way there is nothing to be angry about, dissapointed yes, angry no, as it was an honest mistake.

Just my thoughts.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I emailed the supplier on Thursday and again on the weekend to assure me that these mud flaps had shipped. Of course, no response from them. Quite honestly we make almost nothing on this product and we will probably drop this product if these people cannot get their act together. Also, I am not sure that a public forum like this one is the best way to resolve a supply problem for which our suppliers have us by the short and curlies. Honestly, we try our best to give our customers the very best pricing and delivery and I have absolutely no control over suppliers like this. Once again. I am sorry that we could not ship in time for your truck show.

John

Rob ,

That is my issue, was the lack of communication. I think it was an honest mistake also on selling his last set when I called.

John,

Id drop the product too if your a bussiness and they act like that and you dont make enough money to make it worth your while. A this Mack Collector forum is where my question belongs, I asked if anyone had any bussiness with your company. I guess not. But if this went well im sure you would want it advertised.

Im looking forward to them coming in. Your one of two people I know that carrys those mud flaps. The other lady is on ebay is out of NJ.

Oh well , im sure it will all work out and we will all be happy. Have a nice eveing .Jay