1937 Model 75 pumper

37Mack

Hi

I'm new to looking for parts for a 1937 Mack Fire Truck Model 75. It has an American Bosch distributor in it and I am looking for points and condensor. I spoke with a gentleman in PA and he advised me that parts for this distributor are hard to come by. Any leads would help. Thanks

Do you still have the old parts? If so don't turn loose of them. Far too many folks have sent old parts to a store for them to match only to have them lost, etc.

Is the engine missing or are you just trying to do routine maintenace? If it is missing or won't fire try filing the points with a points file (if you are less than 40 you probably don't know what that is; it is a small fine flat file designed to remove small pits and corrosion from points) or some fine emery cloth followed by a good cleaning with a soft paper put between the closed points.

If you haven't done so yet call Cal Little, his contact info is on the Mack Museum site, and ask him about the parts. He has restored a similar pumper, so I'm sure he is familiar with them.

If you still can't locate the parts, and you don't want to convert to electronics, PM me. One of the club members here is re-doing a mid thirties Mack and he found the distributor shaft at a parts house in NY. I'll contact him to get the name of the vendor if you still need it.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Thanks to everyone for the direction. I will try these couple of leads and let you know how I make out. "fxfymn" - I do have all the parts. I actually have a week spark and was planning this for routine maintenance. I do know what you meen about cleaning the points. I am 41 but my father was a mechanic for years so I have learned about the points system from him, thank god. Thanks again to everyone.