Newcomer from Tennessee

jdfordhd

Hello Mack lovers..! My name is Dennis Hunt. I have owned many Macks over the years. Several B's, and R's. I bought a new 1980 R day cab in 1980. 350HP with 8 spd Road Ranger, 44 rears geared 4:64. Absolutely loved this truck. Came to work on the morning of December 19, 1989 and found it GONE..!! Someone, no not someone, some SOB had stole my baby..!! It only had a 155,000 miles. Lots more to the story but it was never to be recovered. In March of 1990 I was able to replace it with my new baby, a brand new 1989 Superliner, E9-500, 15 spd RR, 44 rears, 4:64. Still got it (see pic). To date, it has 145,000 miles with nary a cigarette smoked in it..!! Original paint. I painted the yellow myself when I first got it. Original brakes. Still looks brand new on the inside. It is a beast...!!

post-9482-0-90194900-1316656068_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"

Looks sweet.....sorry to hear of the negative side of the situation. Happens too often. What part of the territory are you residing in? If you can make it, try and come to the Cookeville Truck Show this coming weekend of the 24th. I will be their about 11:00 a.m. Saturday. Some will leave their trucks friday with overnight guard protection. Also a Big Welcome to BMT, hope ya enjoy the BS here. Just be sure to join in anytime.

mike

I posted a pic of my favorite, the Superliner. Here are a couple more of my Macks. MR tractors. One tandem, one single axle. Both, 300HP, Allison autos, air start and air ride. I went to Denver to get the single axle and Sioux Falls to get the tandem. They haul counterweight for my largest crane. I like the way the cabover MR is similar in appearance to the crane cab. Both trucks are ex-US Postal Service trucks. The guys like them, and I find them fun to drive too...!

post-9482-0-88188600-1316657575_thumb.jp

Welcome to the jungle. Sorry about the loss of the R. That superline looks nice and that Fontaine doesn't look to bad either

Thanks, the trailer I bought new in 1987. It is actually a Liddell/Birmingham, built before Fontaine acquired Liddell. Studied lots of lowboys, the non-bearing neck design of the Liddell was hands down the best on the market at that time, IMHO. Met with Mitch Liddell and his team prior to having it built. Great experience. Mitch was a great guy, he died a few years ago I'm sorry to say.

Thanks, the trailer I bought new in 1987. It is actually a Liddell/Birmingham, built before Fontaine acquired Liddell. Studied lots of lowboys, the non-bearing neck design of the Liddell was hands down the best on the market at that time, IMHO. Met with Mitch Liddell and his team prior to having it built. Great experience. Mitch was a great guy, he died a few years ago I'm sorry to say.

The neck looked like my Fontaine. But hell those to look so much alike you can never tell the difference unless you look real hard. Never met him. Been looking at a Talbert and a couple others for my next trailer. Fontaine is nice but got a few problems.