Ok Im In Love....

(almost)Everyone knows how much I love F models. Well I found this one on truckpaper and man 12500 sounds steep. If it was one zero less id give it some serious thought. Ok now im confused the air filter box on the side I think was used for Cummins engines, and in 1973 what Engine could it be to have a duplex? Or is it a mislabeled 2 stick 6 speed? I wish there was an engine code guide!

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail....B4F4FCF6C7935C3

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

(almost)Everyone knows how much I love F models. Well I found this one on truckpaper and man 12500 sounds steep. If it was one zero less id give it some serious thought. Ok now im confused the air filter box on the side I think was used for Cummins engines, and in 1973 what Engine could it be to have a duplex? Or is it a mislabeled 2 stick 6 speed? I wish there was an engine code guide!

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail....B4F4FCF6C7935C3

FS785 would indicate that it has a ENDT 675 237 HP Maxidyne.

In the "785" the "85" would denote that.

That being the case, I would suspect it was built with either a TRL 107 5 speed or more likely a TRXL107 or1071 6 speed.

Possibly the air shift version of the 6 speed due to the fact it's a cabover.

( I wonder who is the genius who labeled it as a Midliner in the ad!!!!)

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

FS785 would indicate that it has a ENDT 675 237 HP Maxidyne.

In the "785" the "85" would denote that.

That being the case, I would suspect it was built with either a TRL 107 5 speed or more likely a TRXL107 or1071 6 speed.

Possibly the air shift version of the 6 speed due to the fact it's a cabover.

( I wonder who is the genius who labeled it as a Midliner in the ad!!!!)

Thaddeus. I agree with HK trucking when I read the ad it said 273 HP I think it was a typo. Being it is a roll off in California they seem to use a lot of Cabovers there for some reason. It probably is a 6 speed either air or 2 stick as a straight 5 speed would not have the proper reduction for off road use in landfills. I do not know why it posted with no reply sorry about that.I had a 77FModel 300 5 speed good truck too bad they were rust buckets.Does anyone know why Mack never offered in Aluminum Cab. They would have sold a lot more.

I was trying to figure out the origins of that truck- looks like it could have been an REA Express tractor, but I think they we're gone by 1975. If you're looking for a cabover that won't rust, hold out for a Cruiseliner or Ultraliner. I saw a Cruiseliner in California with a Maxidyne 6 go cheap a few months back, it may have been an ex Advance-United tractor.