Ole Killer B has a straight pipe, just bout really tired of too much racket, thinking bout putting a resonator just under the stack. Found a 10 inch one on Iowa 80 that will fit. Yall think that may quiet it down a lil bit? It advertises to lower 3 to 6 dbs. Any lil bit may stop my brain from rattling. Its also adds 21 inches length, so that will get exhaust a lil higher off the cab. Any input? randyp

Ole Killer B has a straight pipe, just bout really tired of too much racket, thinking bout putting a resonator just under the stack. Found a 10 inch one on Iowa 80 that will fit. Yall think that may quiet it down a lil bit? It advertises to lower 3 to 6 dbs. Any lil bit may stop my brain from rattling. Its also adds 21 inches length, so that will get exhaust a lil higher off the cab. Any input? randyp

look at Pittsburgh power. i had straights for about 2 years and finally had enough of the headaches. i put a shorty performance muffler on it is idk maybe half the size of a regular muffler and it made a huge difference and it is also flow through. Resonators are like straights they look good but don't muffle a damn thing

Okay thanks slpwlker, i will check into that,,,,thanks,,,,randyp

you know you could also check out any chrome shops in the area diesel performance places for like pickups. reason i say pickups is idk the size of your exhaust. you might be able to get a flow master that fits and it will give it a great sound

I just checked out Pittsburg power, they even had demo sound videos, i bet i be doing bidness with them! I liked the performance shorty they had, priced right too! randyp

it made a huge difference on mine and when i have mine rust thru i am going back to stock going to put there super quiet performance mufflers on. put the covers and all back on. Never thought i'd seethe day where i wanted the truck quiet. But running through small pa towns at 0200 in the am and trying to be quiet and not use the jake sucked

I like the trucks quiet too. Ain't nothing sweeter sounding, (other than "Momma's" shrill) than a smooth diesel engine at work.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.