How rare ar the R700's with the V12-71 DD? How many?

Skip from Australia asked me how rare the R700's with the V12's were? I realy didn't have an answer. He said that there where 0 in his Country, now I've been told about 100 different answers,2-4-8-12 24- 6 on the W-coast 4 on the E-coast!! Do any of you Mack guys out there have any answers? The owner of the truck that I looked at last week told me that it was the only one with a steel frame built in CA.?! Now I find that hard to believe! Thank You,

BULLHUSK

I realize I ain't been around as much as some others,but I've only ever seen documented proof of 4 RL/RS771's still around,a blue day cab that's been restored in NY,the green one you bought,plus the repowered black one from the same guy,and the one you just looked at.I can find no proof of any east coast R-700's ever built with 12V71 engines.

I realize I ain't been around as much as some others,but I've only ever seen documented proof of 4 RL/RS771's still around,a blue day cab that's been restored in NY,the green one you bought,plus the repowered black one from the same guy,and the one you just looked at.I can find no proof of any east coast R-700's ever built with 12V71 engines.

Superdog,

Glen Winters, the man that I bought my truck from told me the same thing that you just posted; He said that there were 4 tractors built 2 RL's an 2 Rs's the other RL700 that he has, which is a 72 the preious owner repowered with a E9-500 Mack V8, an the blue one I see often at the truck shows out here in the Jersey NY. area. Now how a bout the RL700L with the sleeper that Mack used in there advertising about the owner operator with the V12 powered tractor? was that just a show an go thing?

Thanks For your Help!! BULLHUSK

Superdog,

Glen Winters, the man that I bought my truck from told me the same thing that you just posted; He said that there were 4 tractors built 2 RL's an 2 Rs's the other RL700 that he has, which is a 72 the preious owner repowered with a E9-500 Mack V8, an the blue one I see often at the truck shows out here in the Jersey NY. area. Now how a bout the RL700L with the sleeper that Mack used in there advertising about the owner operator with the V12 powered tractor? was that just a show an go thing?

Thanks For your Help!! BULLHUSK

Gday bullhusk. Just reading these posts, sounds like you have got yourself a rare beast. Is the seller willing to budge on his price? It would be good if you can get hold of it for a bit less. Skip

Skip,

I have not talked to him other then when I met with him last week. I would not pay more then 2,000. for the truck, the only thing worth the money is the hood, an thats only about 60%, some cab parts, an the motor core!! The frame is scrap, thr rears are 44,000 rubber bushed with 20in Dayton open wheels!! I even think 2,000, is top dollar for this truck, but I think Rob could use some of the cab ext. parts. The frame I would scrap, sell the rears, use the front brakes (mine don't have any") an try an recapture some of my money! The seller said that he would call me an give me a chance to counter offer,.. but I'm not countin on that!

BULLHUSK