Vent Windows For B Models

I have examined my vent windows, and have noticed the great need for rubber replacement and re-chromeing. I also noticed the frame around the vent windows are braded and will have to be ground down to separate. Note: not all brads need to be ground off. Also the vent window pivots with a special brad that will allow the vent window to swivel. My question is, what can be used to be a replacement for the brad that swivels? This part is chrome also, and has to be separated to be chromed. I really want it to look original without using a screw for the swivel mount. It has to move back and forth when the vent window is opened and closed. I carried one of my windows to the chrome shop and to a friends Body Shop and they didn't have a solution. Your advice is needed.

mike

I have examined my vent windows, and have noticed the great need for rubber replacement and re-chromeing. I also noticed the frame around the vent windows are braded and will have to be ground down to separate. Note: not all brads need to be ground off. Also the vent window pivots with a special brad that will allow the vent window to swivel. My question is, what can be used to be a replacement for the brad that swivels? This part is chrome also, and has to be separated to be chromed. I really want it to look original without using a screw for the swivel mount. It has to move back and forth when the vent window is opened and closed. I carried one of my windows to the chrome shop and to a friends Body Shop and they didn't have a solution. Your advice is needed.

mike

Get some solid stainless steel rivets from either Fastenal, Mcmaster-Carr, or another industial supply house. Obtain a thin "bucking bar" that will fit within the channel of the frame and smash the rivets flat with a hammer for the purpose. A good bench vise with soft jaws is a plus to hold the piece parts without hurting them.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.