Cummins Dpf Question

BAD DOG

:bmod_dump: I'm in need of a little advice on newer Cummins engines. My boss recently purchased two 09 Kenworth W900L tractors with Cummins ISX engines with afterburner setups on them, and I got elected to take one of them. Nice trucks but this burner setup is totally new to me and everyone else at our place, and of course there is no books with the trucks. How does the DPF burner set up work on them, how do you use it, I,ve run it for about 4 days now with the start stop switch for it on most of the time leting it do it's own thing. Is this how to use it? How often should should the burner run and for how long? How does this system work?

Citing it is a Paccar built product it is programed to just get out of warranty, then self incinerate leaving you with a very large repair bill.

What it does, and how it operates between the time the truck is placed into service and it's final demise; can't say I really know.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I drove a T-800 with the same engine in it. It is used to haul fuel oil. If I got to the terminal to off-load and the yellow warning light was on, I would engage the burner and let it do it's thing. If it hadn't finished it's cycle, I would disengage it and drive away. Most times just driving it would clear it up. Even if the warning light wasn't on when I got to the terminal, I would hold down the burn button and see if it would engage.