Camshaft Needed

Hey guys,

My old 237 has wore a lobe off of the camshaft, I am now needing a good used one for it. No more than I use the truck I would hate to spend the money on a new cam and lifters if I didn't have to. PM me or post a reply if you can help me out.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

Hey guys,

My old 237 has wore a lobe off of the camshaft, I am now needing a good used one for it. No more than I use the truck I would hate to spend the money on a new cam and lifters if I didn't have to. PM me or post a reply if you can help me out.

Fred

Morgan i have a cam i have to look a little deeper to see if i have any lifters. still trying to figger this new format out( i hate change), im not too smart on these computers. i will let you know. Ron

I helped a freind some time back replace his cam. He got one with a set of lifters from a place in little rock Ar that was reground. The lifters are refaced and then grounded. I think the cam was less than 400 dollars but i will be keeping that place in mind for later use.I work around this truck ever day and so for so good.

glenn akers

Thanks for the help. Unless the lifters are put back on the exact same lobe as they were broke in with they will wear out the lobe. I believe thats what happened to this one. It would be OK to have the lifters recrowned and installed on a old cam.

Morgan

15 gears...no waiting!