Transmission Info

Hi all,

Crawled under the new to me superliner this week end for a closer look at a few items. I was looking at the transmission and got some numbers off of the unit. I know this is not the original trans for the truck but it is quiet and shifts good. Now on to the detective part.... The tag has been scratched to the point that some of the letters are no longer visible. I think that it says RTF1110 I have never heared of the RTF trans. Any ideas abot this trans or if the F part of the number could be something else?

Morgan

15 gears...no waiting!

The shifter cover places the shift tower further forward in the trans. My R612 uses an RTF cover also. If you look at the top covers side by side, the RTF style is about four inches further forward than the standard RT series cover. With the exception of one shift fork, everything else is the same. and they readily swap. The trans is direct in high gear.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I was happy to see that it had the 1100 FT/LB torque rating, I know of some cummins with the 900FT/LB rating trans. The forward control is what the f stnds for. It looks like the the opening for the gear shift is lever is farther forward than that of what was in it when new. It sure does move out in high gear though. The shift patern is a little different too... 9th and 10th (4th and 5th also) are flip-floped. I think someone might have switched something around inside to make it a overdrive, I assume it is possible. I wouldn't think that the patern would be that way in truck this new would it?

Morgan

15 gears...no waiting!