B Models Cab Parts

My floors were pretty rough in the corners below windshield(typical leak/rust problem). I cut the whole she-bang out and replaced it all. It was not as hard as you would think. I mimic'd the original using three panels, but I added an additional brace(1x1 sq tube) across front of seat mount area that I welded in at door sill area. I had a new lip channel bent to match where floor panel comes out, and welded that in first then put remaining floor in. Barring the missing lumps/ribs it looks pretty stock and with brace installed it's stout.

Here is link to pics

http://groups.msn.com/bigmacktrucks/larrysmack.msnw?Page=2

Now, if someone would just repop cabs LOL!!!!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I agree with replacing the floor with new panels, and adding bracing under the seat area.

I have the cab off my B67, and have had the cab sandblasted - what an eye opener.

What I thought were pretty solid floors are now about half gone !!

It looks like most of the floor pieces are easily removed, and you can duplicate the original panels.

I also found that the original driver's seat has actually torn the floor panel at one of the seat mounts - making the case for added bracing.

While you are at the floor repair - take a good look at the lower sections of the door hinge posts (A-pillars). These form the rear attach points for the front fenders, and are subject to severe corrosion. They are not easy to reach, and would be easier to work on if your floor panels were out.

Good Luck !

Paul Van Scott

My lower fender mounts on the passenger side is quite nice and solid. My drivers side is really weak and I tried to patch it up more, but it had been brazed early in it's life and nothing much to weld to. I made a nice solid brace from 1/2" bar stock that runs from floor to fender bottom and it really stiffened things up. It's got a small crack formed at cab/door corner. Unless I actually get to tear truck apart the added supports will have to keep her together.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"