99 Ch W/350

This truck has two seperate problems. First is the water temp will only run at 150-160 all day. The fan kicks on countless times. Could this be a stuck therostat or a fan clutch issue? If so, will it hurt to run it for another day till it gets fixed? The second is the brake lights are stuck on. The foot valve is not stuck. Cleaned that up today and lubed the trettle. The brake lights go out once the key switch is off. Any help and suggestions are welcome. Thanks

This truck has two seperate problems. First is the water temp will only run at 150-160 all day. The fan kicks on countless times. Could this be a stuck therostat or a fan clutch issue? If so, will it hurt to run it for another day till it gets fixed? The second is the brake lights are stuck on. The foot valve is not stuck. Cleaned that up today and lubed the trettle. The brake lights go out once the key switch is off. Any help and suggestions are welcome. Thanks

as far as the fan kicking on countless times, sounds like overcharge on freon. see how it does with the a/c turned off.

high head press.or head press.switch will make it kick in exessive.

i would call the temp a good thing, lots better than 210. mine runs around 160,170 but i had an overcharge issue with the a/c that kept it around 150, fan allways kicking in.

hope this helps.

as far as the fan kicking on countless times, sounds like overcharge on freon. see how it does with the a/c turned off.

high head press.or head press.switch will make it kick in exessive.

i would call the temp a good thing, lots better than 210. mine runs around 160,170 but i had an overcharge issue with the a/c that kept it around 150, fan allways kicking in.

hope this helps.

and a low refrigerant charge will do the same as a precautionary measure to the system.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.