Brand New To It All

Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to the forum, Macks, and bascailly trucks in general, but I have always been a fan of the B Series Macks, so when one popped up on Craigslist I couldn't help myself...

Unfortunately, I don't know many or really any specifications about the truck... and was hoping that some people on here could help me figure out what I have...

I bought a B-68 with a Thermodyne gas engine with a quadraplex transmission... and that's basically all I know about the truck.

I am not even sure about the year. (I was told that could be figured out by the numbers indicated on the door.. not sure if thats true or not)

If anyone could spare some specifications about the engine, transmission, rear ends, etc I'd really appreciate your help!!

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to the forum, Macks, and bascailly trucks in general, but I have always been a fan of the B Series Macks, so when one popped up on Craigslist I couldn't help myself...

Unfortunately, I don't know many or really any specifications about the truck... and was hoping that some people on here could help me figure out what I have...

I bought a B-68 with a Thermodyne gas engine with a quadraplex transmission... and that's basically all I know about the truck.

I am not even sure about the year. (I was told that could be figured out by the numbers indicated on the door.. not sure if thats true or not)

If anyone could spare some specifications about the engine, transmission, rear ends, etc I'd really appreciate your help!!

Thanks

First thing is welcome and have a good time here at BMT and with your truck. I first would see if you have a VIN Plate on the lower section of the inside passenger door. Next, I would search for the number of your frame by looking straight in toward your front spring perch.It is at the rear of the spring on the side of the frame. Sometimes dirt and rust can hide this number.

mike :WELCOME: