Frame Paint Recommendations . . . .

stev

There are some places with surface rust on the frame of the truck. I intended to sand the spot down, and apply some paint. Left to my own devices, I would probably just use a spray can of krylon. Is there a reason not to, or something substantially better to use?

Thanx . . . .

i use rustolium, not in the spray can. you can get pnt, qrt, or gallon at home store. it is very sticy. if your gona spray t threw a gun you will need some paint thinner. i have put it on with a foam brush. if your not skilled with oil base paint it wouldnt hurt to practice a little first. just remember the less you brush it the better it looks. no more than two strokes, the brush marks will flow out as it dries.it will last a couple years.

i used to paint my dayton wheels wih a foam brush, after you get the hang of it, it lasted a lot longer than spray and just as slick and shinny as a spray. gota wait 24 hrs if you need a second coat.

i use rustolium, not in the spray can. you can get pnt, qrt, or gallon at home store. it is very sticy. if your gona spray t threw a gun you will need some paint thinner. i have put it on with a foam brush. if your not skilled with oil base paint it wouldnt hurt to practice a little first. just remember the less you brush it the better it looks. no more than two strokes, the brush marks will flow out as it dries.it will last a couple years.

i used to paint my dayton wheels wih a foam brush, after you get the hang of it, it lasted a lot longer than spray and just as slick and shinny as a spray. gota wait 24 hrs if you need a second coat.

Hi, I used por15 you brush it on and it comes out like a spray when dry. not uv friendly though, so will need top coating.

Grant