"big Al" Allis Chalmers Diesel (not Mack Related)

I was wondering if anyone on the forum knew anything (driving/stories/experience) with the Allis Chalmers "Big Al" purple diesel produced in the late 60s 'til mid 70s. Very little information on it , so anything would be helpful. All I know is it was a modified BUDA design, 844 cid.

Thanks

Brad

Cuba, Mo

1960 Mack B61

1985 Mack R686

1970 IH Loadstar 1600

I was wondering if anyone on the forum knew anything (driving/stories/experience) with the Allis Chalmers "Big Al" purple diesel produced in the late 60s 'til mid 70s. Very little information on it , so anything would be helpful. All I know is it was a modified BUDA design, 844 cid.

Thanks

I have seen only one in a KW back in the early 70s cant remeber anything about it or what it looked like. how many here have seen the ( Big Six ) at the Mack musuem 885 CID, man it is a big engine, i would like to have seen how it would have pull a hill. Ron

a buddy of mine used to haul swinging beef from the midwest back here to the east in the early 70's. if i remember right he said he had a v-8 AC in a cabover freight-shaker. i remember meeting him in a truckstop down on NY. 17 one night and when we both left he left that ol' R-700 with a 318 "jimmy" in the dust. i see him from time to time and i'll ask him how big that AC was.

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"