My Face Hurts...

For the longest time, my trucks been seriously lacking power. That and there's been a knock. And the jakes haven't been working.

Anyway, last weekend I bought one of them fancy schmancy infrared thermometer thingamabobbers and while I was unloading last Monday I took the temperature of the exhaust manifold at the different cylinders. #'s 1-3 were in the 295-310 degree range...#'s 4-6 were in the 695-720 degree range. Anyway, I also noticed my waterpump was pi$$ing coolant out of the weep hole, and with the rain we've been getting decided just to pay Mack to put the waterpump on for me instead of me getting soaked to the bone doing it here. I also had 'em check a few other things that could cause the temperature differential and what they found ended up taking 'em most of the week to get fixed...

...but fixed they most certainly got it! Even my jake brake is working like it should again. I can't stop grinning from ear to ear driving this thing. Loaded to 79,500# I never had to drop a gear heading East on 24 all of the way into Nashville. Pulled Monteagle in 14th gear and never dropped below 35 mph. A week ago, I would have been in the low range trying to get up the stupid hill.

Anyway, the Mack dealer in Cape got me fixed up. The knock is gone. Oil pressure is up 10 psi. Jakes work. Most of all, I got git-up-n-GO again! :banana:

Trucks is SO much more fun to drive when they work the way they's s'posed to....been grinnin' ear to ear all day. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

For the longest time, my trucks been seriously lacking power. That and there's been a knock. And the jakes haven't been working.

Anyway, last weekend I bought one of them fancy schmancy infrared thermometer thingamabobbers and while I was unloading last Monday I took the temperature of the exhaust manifold at the different cylinders. #'s 1-3 were in the 295-310 degree range...#'s 4-6 were in the 695-720 degree range. Anyway, I also noticed my waterpump was pi$$ing coolant out of the weep hole, and with the rain we've been getting decided just to pay Mack to put the waterpump on for me instead of me getting soaked to the bone doing it here. I also had 'em check a few other things that could cause the temperature differential and what they found ended up taking 'em most of the week to get fixed...

...but fixed they most certainly got it! Even my jake brake is working like it should again. I can't stop grinning from ear to ear driving this thing. Loaded to 79,500# I never had to drop a gear heading East on 24 all of the way into Nashville. Pulled Monteagle in 14th gear and never dropped below 35 mph. A week ago, I would have been in the low range trying to get up the stupid hill.

Anyway, the Mack dealer in Cape got me fixed up. The knock is gone. Oil pressure is up 10 psi. Jakes work. Most of all, I got git-up-n-GO again! :banana:

Trucks is SO much more fun to drive when they work the way they's s'posed to....been grinnin' ear to ear all day. :thumb:

mcbride does it again.

why dont corprate dumasses send someoe to the mcbride operations to learn the lost art of costumer relations.

mcbride does it again.

why dont corprate dumasses send someoe to the mcbride operations to learn the lost art of costumer relations.

McBride's is one of the best reasons to live where I live. 3 locations within an hour...Cape, Carbondale, and Paducah. From what I hear, even Evansville is associated with 'em or owned by the family or something like that...and that's just over 2 hours. No matter which direction I'm running, I drive past one of 'em. Never had any complaints...'cept for when I first got my truck it was kinda tough getting in sometimes. Once they see you a few times, though, and they know you'll pay your repair bill, it gets easier. This was a last minute "can ya squeeze me in so I don't have to do the waterpump myself outside in the pouring rain in my driveway" sort of deal and they not only squeezed me in but ended up replacing the waterpump, camshaft, an injector pump, something having to do with lifters and the fuel (3 were really bad & the 4th was well on its way out), the bearings on the crankshaft, and the oil pump. Hell, there might have been more...they did a LOT of work...but they got 'er fixed.

Not too much would make me happier running down the road the road right now. I DO have to keep a close eye on my speed, though....gets up there a LOT quicker, and even at speed its got plenty of pedal left.

Can't say enough good stuff about 'em right now. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!