1996 E7-454

Mackmann

Tell me what you know about the 454. Im looking at a 1996 CL with a 454 in it. Tri/axle dump truck with around 500k on the motor. I know the 1st owner and the 2nd. The truck always got what it needed. So whats the deal with the 454?? Good motor, Bad motor?? Thanks

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

Tell me what you know about the 454. Im looking at a 1996 CL with a 454 in it. Tri/axle dump truck with around 500k on the motor. I know the 1st owner and the 2nd. The truck always got what it needed. So whats the deal with the 454?? Good motor, Bad motor?? Thanks

Good engine ,the best model of truck to have , Last of the stand up oil changes!.

Good engine ,the best model of truck to have , Last of the stand up oil changes!.

Thats good to know. I have to see this week if i can swing it. What is the rebuild point on these motors. I know 500k give or take is a lot on a dump truck.

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

Thats good to know. I have to see this week if i can swing it. What is the rebuild point on these motors. I know 500k give or take is a lot on a dump truck.

I have seen em go 30000 hours in a dump application

look at the hours not the miles You can easy see 20 -250000 on average .

Best year and motor you can have. Only weak link is the injection pump, The P8500 series doesn't last as long as the P7100 series on the early VMACI engines. But still one of the most troublefree years.

I just got one 3 weeks ago,it's a 95 with same motor. I love the truck so far, but the thing shuts off once or twice a day, no one can tell me why. (look back in forum 2 weeks ago) But like I said it seems like a great truck, rides good compaired to my superliners. Must be the long front springs. Good luck.