Unbelieveable... The B Is Back, With A Vengance!

(Inpounded until April 1, 2011) Louisville, Kentucky- The B is Back, and Bigger than Ever!

Back when the B model was designed in the late 1940s many states still limited truck width to 90 inches... Which explains why the front wheels on a BCR seem half hidden in those 96 inch wide R model fenderwells. Over the last few years Mack developed specialized mine clearing trucks for the military... and blew up a lot of Macks in the process. Early on they noticed that a charge placed just right would uniformly expand a truck cab. in fact, it became a game to see who could most uniformly expand a cab. Suffice to say, there are some Granite cabs laying around the back lots at Allentown that look perfectly normal until you stand next to them and realize they're ten feet wide!

Long time readers will remember the sadly stillborn new B model of a couple years ago. Fully developed for production, it had the best aerodynamics of any truck in the world. But a near 7 foot tall Volvo executive killed the new B model when he couldn't fit in the traditional B model cab. But a bunch of new B cabs had already been built, and there was still a lot of ordinance around that had to be properly disposed of.

Imagine a B model cab expanded by 13 percent... suddenly there's legroom aplenty, a spacious sleeper cab option, and room for even Volvo's bulky 16 liter inline 6 under the hood. All the B models liabilities- the small radiator, cramped cab, and narrow front axle- suddenly disappear. But the new "Big B" is still the most aerodynamic big truck cab on the planet. Then put that spacious and aerodynamic cab atop Mack's new 40 inch wide and 12 inch deep MaxiFrame... There's room for up to 800 horsepower Mack V8s and the Maxitorque 500 transmission is an easy fit between those wide frame rails. The might Mack sixes and V8s can sit lower in those wide rails, preserving the B's traditional low profile and providing a lower center of gravity for better handling.

As I write the primered B model that's sat all by itself in the lot in front of the Louisville Truck Show has been given a shiny coat of black lacquer and is being driven into the Mack exhibit area. They're passing out a PR and a presser is about to begin. I'll be back with more details later...

(Inpounded until April 1, 2011) Louisville, Kentucky- The B is Back, and Bigger than Ever!

Back when the B model was designed in the late 1940s many states still limited truck width to 90 inches... Which explains why the front wheels on a BCR seem half hidden in those 96 inch wide R model fenderwells. Over the last few years Mack developed specialized mine clearing trucks for the military... and blew up a lot of Macks in the process. Early on they noticed that a charge placed just right would uniformly expand a truck cab. in fact, it became a game to see who could most uniformly expand a cab. Suffice to say, there are some Granite cabs laying around the back lots at Allentown that look perfectly normal until you stand next to them and realize they're ten feet wide!

Long time readers will remember the sadly stillborn new B model of a couple years ago. Fully developed for production, it had the best aerodynamics of any truck in the world. But a near 7 foot tall Volvo executive killed the new B model when he couldn't fit in the traditional B model cab. But a bunch of new B cabs had already been built, and there was still a lot of ordinance around that had to be properly disposed of.

Imagine a B model cab expanded by 13 percent... suddenly there's legroom aplenty, a spacious sleeper cab option, and room for even Volvo's bulky 16 liter inline 6 under the hood. All the B models liabilities- the small radiator, cramped cab, and narrow front axle- suddenly disappear. But the new "Big B" is still the most aerodynamic big truck cab on the planet. Then put that spacious and aerodynamic cab atop Mack's new 40 inch wide and 12 inch deep MaxiFrame... There's room for up to 800 horsepower Mack V8s and the Maxitorque 500 transmission is an easy fit between those wide frame rails. The might Mack sixes and V8s can sit lower in those wide rails, preserving the B's traditional low profile and providing a lower center of gravity for better handling.

As I write the primered B model that's sat all by itself in the lot in front of the Louisville Truck Show has been given a shiny coat of black lacquer and is being driven into the Mack exhibit area. They're passing out a PR and a presser is about to begin. I'll be back with more details later...

An didn't the Volvo Corp. guys announce Today they felt so bad about the way the Brockway deal went down years ago that they are bring back the 762 with a V12-92 OMG It's gona be a KILLER a real KILLER!!!!.....AN Volvo's name will be on the valve covers!!! I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait!!

BULLHUSK