Does anyone have the lenth of a Single axle max b61, and the width of the truck? Id really appreciate it!!

Thanks

There is no way to answer this question as there are too many variables. You measure wheelbase from the center of the front axle with the wheels straight ahead, to the center of the rear drive axle. There is frame protrusion past the rear also to contend with. All of these are variables setup by the truck owner/operator. Post a photo and you will get some close guesses, but that is about all that can be had with the information.

Without the rear outer tires installed, an eight foot wide deckover trailer will haul it without hanging over. With the mirrors installed the overall width is near 8.5 feet.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks alot for the response Rob!

Certainly, but there is no way you can haul one of these on a trailer that the deck is lower than the tires without drive over fenders.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

So a trail king tk10u wouldnt work? The width between the fenders is 82.5 inches.

To bed late and up early eh?

I'm unfamiliar with the trailer mentioned but it won't go through that space rolling. I'd measure to be certain as your truck could be different than my B models.

Rob

Yep! Every single day... always up early. Lol. But that's my only problem, I don't have a b model to measure. I'm thinking about buying one but don't feel like taking the 3 hour drive to measure the width...

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Anyone have the approx width of a 1959 b61?

Tom

The front axle is wider than your 82.5" by at least half a foot, maybe more. I think some of the confusion comes from the chassis diagrams that show the back of the cab is ~71 inches. That may be, but the cab isn't as wide as the rest of the sheet metal.

I also think the weight will be higher than stated above. I'd say minimum 10K for a short wheelbase single axle with no bed.

But I'm sure someone else will have exact answers - I only know ballparks. And yes, there are a lot of unknown variables.

So a trail king tk10u wouldnt work? The width between the fenders is 82.5 inches.

I just googled that trailer. It's on two 5K axles and the entire deck looks to be 82.5" wide with outboard fenders. Standard ball hitch.

It's also 16' long deck. A B61's cab alone is 8.5' (might give you an estimate of your OL if you have a side photo of your truck). You won't be able to have rear overhang with fold-up ramps attached. And, if you have the cab all the way up to the nose of the trailer you could run into weight distribution issues (assuming no bed). I didn't notice what you were pulling with.

Do you have any other trailer options?

BTW, PM Sent.

Edited by cfesting