I decided the first thing to get fixed was to add real mudflaps to the MH 612- time to get rid of the wired on 2X2 board and nailed on old mudflaps. I never liked the stock-cheap square iron mud flap hangers. Since this is a single axle tractor there isn't really any room on the frame after the spring hangers to add the typical spring loaded mudflap hangers, so I looked at the quarter fenders and used that mounting idea. Bought a Mack stub mount, and bought a SS tube for the quarter fenders, then welded a 2" ss tab to the bottom of the tube and had a 3" ss tab made for the front to sandwich the mudflap between the ss tab on the tube and the 3" tab. I then added the reflective tape and anti sail hangers. The only thing left is- should I add SS weights at the bottom?

It looks good and matched the quarter fender mount nicely, and looks clean.

I also added the ss lug nut covers makes it looks a little brighter. Still working on adding the hub cap to the rear hubs- got to adjust the axle nuts and point them in the right direction. These were on the truck when it was hauling horses, and should dress up the Dayton wheels.

I need to get the trailer set up next and test it out with the B75 on the lowboy.

post-121-0-51770900-1299986410_thumb.jpg

post-121-0-70959800-1299986421_thumb.jpg

post-121-0-67083300-1299986430_thumb.jpg

post-121-0-72216400-1299986437_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

MH612 Project Truck and Rogers Low Boy update:

Well installed the Pony Motor on the low boy trailer tonight. Fired it up and raised and lowered the low boy, so I could position it to the right height and connect it to the MH, and then raised the cylinder to park it when hauling the trailer. Carl (aka fxfymn) helped out with specing out the proper pump and great hydraulic parts supplier- Bailey Hydraulics, They were great. Ordered the parts on Thursday had them on Monday morning, then bought the 7 gallons of hydrauilic oil and a few hydraulic lines and fittings at Tractor Supply, the reservoir and filters came from Northern Tool. (Thanks for the recommendations Carl!)

Once I hooked up to the low boy- then I attached my air lines and since the trailer has not moved in several years, of course it won't budge. Next I will be checking all of the air lines and greasing the brake mechanisms, to make sure they are all loose and then will take a hammer to tap on the drums to try and get the rust to break loose the drums.

Progress- slowly making progress! Hopefully will have it ready for Macungie, but the backup plan is for Lititz!

Firemack