Serp Belt Broke And Ripped Out Fan Wiring

Hello, I have a 2004 CX615 , belt broke and ripped out pins on the fan wiring harness plug , Its a Behr fan clutch and looks like 5 or 6 wires ,I would like to just hard wire the engine harness to the fan harness but dont know what wires go together and I dont want to screw it up, I am guessing their are signal wires/reference wires /and 12v and ground anyone know what wires should connect or have a procedure to find out how to repair it ,, a wire diagram would be nice, Thanks in advance!!

Hello, I have a 2004 CX615 , belt broke and ripped out pins on the fan wiring harness plug , Its a Behr fan clutch and looks like 5 or 6 wires ,I would like to just hard wire the engine harness to the fan harness but dont know what wires go together and I dont want to screw it up, I am guessing their are signal wires/reference wires /and 12v and ground anyone know what wires should connect or have a procedure to find out how to repair it ,, a wire diagram would be nice, Thanks in advance!!

I would suggest not hard wiriing it. It is sometimes necessary to disconnect the fan wiring for other repairs and hardwiring it will cause more trouble during subsequent repairs. I'll see if I can find the wiring instructions for the fan and post it later.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I would suggest not hard wiriing it. It is sometimes necessary to disconnect the fan wiring for other repairs and hardwiring it will cause more trouble during subsequent repairs. I'll see if I can find the wiring instructions for the fan and post it later.

Thanks for the info I figure if I can get a male and female pigtail for eng and fan I could always be able to disconnect , although I am trying to get it going asap , so if I have to make a jerry rig repair for now just to get me going I will,and then get the proper plugs and pins and do it the right way when I can.

If it is hardwired you can't get the belt on and off, so if you go that route make sure to install the belt first, and don't chop the wires too short or you won't have enough left to repair it properly later on. If I remember correctly the fan hub wires are something like 18 or 20 gauge, so it's kind of hard to splice together. Here's a service bulletin on the Behr fan clutch, complete with wiring diagram. It doesn't tell you exactly which wire is which on the fan side, and I can't recall which color wire goes where, but this may help some anyway. Enjoy!

SB 215-024 Behr Fan Drive Diagnostics (June 12, 2003).pdf

If it is hardwired you can't get the belt on and off, so if you go that route make sure to install the belt first, and don't chop the wires too short or you won't have enough left to repair it properly later on. If I remember correctly the fan hub wires are something like 18 or 20 gauge, so it's kind of hard to splice together. Here's a service bulletin on the Behr fan clutch, complete with wiring diagram. It doesn't tell you exactly which wire is which on the fan side, and I can't recall which color wire goes where, but this may help some anyway. Enjoy!

I very much appreciate your response and link to the wiring schematics , now I just have to get the wiring for the fan harness , Do you know the model number of the fan so I could get in touch with builder and maybe get the schematic?

I very much appreciate your response and link to the wiring schematics , now I just have to get the wiring for the fan harness , Do you know the model number of the fan so I could get in touch with builder and maybe get the schematic?

Sorry, can't help with that.

Sorry, can't help with that.

Yea, thanks for the info , I just cant see buying a new fan hub when mine is perfectly fine other than the wires ripped out of the plug end. I will see if anyone can take a pic of their plug and wires maybe that will help out.

• 8 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello, I have the same issue but the plug has been pulled off both sides, as the wiring colour changes can anyone please help regarding what colour goes to what so we can fit a new plug and connect wiring correctly.

help much appreciated as the dealer won’t help and we are in a remote station 

thank you 

• 1 year later...

if you live in a cold climate you may be ok to drive for bit until the part gets here, but you have to get it fixed. are you not able to solder the harness back together, or solder in plugs so you can unplug it when other repairs  need to be done? and you should look real close at the tensioner pulleys, to be sure they didnt cause the belt to walk off the pulley, and also check all other pulleys for movement that could cause the belt to come off.  If the belt snapped, that tells me that the hood doesnt get opened much for inspection,  you may want to start there first, and make sure pre-trip inspections are getting done.. the fan clutch you are about to buy is very expensive.  good luck, Jojo

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

those duetch connectors are available. any chance NAPA can get the parts?  you may have to buy each part seperatley.  the plug, rubber seal ring,  terminals, terminal lock, and rubber plugs for open sockets, and the rubber seals that go on the wires before you crimp or solder the terminals to the wires..  jojo