Mack And Volvo Dealerships

When Volvo bought Mack I thought All the dealerships will sell both brands under a Volvo dealership but I see that did not happen. I see dealerships that sell's both and dealership that only sell one of the brands. Why is that? Here in the Binghamton NY area we have one the Cook family that owns the Mack Dealership and the Burr family that owns the Volvo dealership. Two separate Familys. Does the Dealership have a choice of what brand they want to carry?

Thanks,

Terry E Davis of Johnson City N.Y.

We are Mack only and tried to get the Volvo dealership but there is already a Volvo dealership to close (60+ miles away). It all has to do with "territory". Our boss already part owner in a few Volvo Dealerships but we cant get it here. Even our VCADS software to hook up to read codes and do troubleshooting will only work on the Mack MP engines and not the Volvo "D" engines even though thay are the exact same engines, because we are Mack only our passwords wont work to log onto the Volvo engines.