Puzzler Of The Day 2

vision386

Found this today,need some heavy hauler expertise,looking at the cab,looks to be mid-fifties KW? my best guess is KW/DART...no further info was provided with the picture,just "big truck" No shit! LOL!...................Mark

post-5836-0-16790800-1294767406_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I would have to say, "I dont believe I quite ever seen any thing rigged up all like that!" Looks like something that may require "teamwork of an unprecedented nature". When Barry gets this "rep" bidness straightened out, you getting a point buddy! randyp :thumb:

I never got any pics of it but when I was miserable in coal mine before retirement, we used to drag 120 yard B&E dragline bucket in for repairs on a big skid with 3 657 CAT scrapers all hooked in together. I always wanted to be leader in train, cause middle and end really sucked with dust and all. We usually flipped coin for it and as usual, i always lost. randyp :(

Found this today,need some heavy hauler expertise,looking at the cab,looks to be mid-fifties KW? my best guess is KW/DART...no further info was provided with the picture,just "big truck" No shit! LOL!...................Mark

Those bad boys are Canadian Pacific P12W3's originally built for the South African Railroad and Harbor. Those trucks now belong to Rotran Engineering and two are still in operation. They are powered by 500HP Cummins engines and have an automatic behind them. I believe two still in operation and have been upgraded to 800HP. Pacific made some real tough trucks, they even had a camelback like suspension as well. Pacific is my second favorite brand behind Mack.

Here is an amazing collection from Bob Dingsdale on Hanks site, he received many of those pictures from Pacific itself. On page 4 you will find an extensive photo collection of the S.A.R.&H P16's P12w3 including detail shots of the chassis and assembly.

http://www.hankstruc...b_dingsdale.htm

And the Dennis Childs collection (Works for Rotran):

http://www.hankstruc...com/d_child.htm

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Thanks Thad! great info-pictures! i figuered someone on here would know what they were,these are some trucks! have to admit i dont know a great deal about these "heavy hauler" type trucks,but i was always interested in them.I thought i was on the right track guessing KW/DART,second guess would have been Pacific,as i read somewhere they used Kenworth cabs in some trucks,i really like to see the big Pacifics in action hauling logs! they are one hell of a truck!....Thanks again for the reply/info!....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.