Impressive F Model

I found this picture in my Science encyclopedia (had them since I was a kid) under the truck article. It has a grille that I have only seen on heavy duty F models in New Zealand with all wheel drive. The different front hubs indicate to me the second steer axle is driven. The rears are tandem drive with a lift axle in front. What model numbers/letters of the F mode were all wheel drive? Were these all wheel models available in North America?

This has to be the most awesome looking F model I have ever seen!

mackf700roadtrainsmall.jpg

More of the same type of F model:

Man they look damn good.

post-314-1163649205_thumb.jpg

post-314-1163649217_thumb.jpg

post-314-1163649252_thumb.jpg

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Now I'm not 100% sure but :idunno: ..........that grill here in Aus was used on the V8 's

And i believe the second axle is not driven but simply an outer bearing cap with a circlular step as used on some old Atkinson truck's of that era

:blink::blink::blink::blink::thumb:

I think You are right that the second axle isnt driven. I thought that it could have been a step but the hub looks different unless its just the picture. I have never seen that grille on anything but those all wheel drive trucks so far and they are either down under or in Kiwi.

Oh and here is another question, I saw an F model a while back on truck paper with a Cummins 903 in it. What transmission would it have had? All the Mack V8's came with the two stick transmissions correct?

Werk I didnt know you joined BMT, good to see you here.

-Thad

Thad,

The V8 Macks of the era often had 5 speeds behind them. My F originally had an 865/5speed, The 1st Cruiseliner that Parrish Leasing bought had a V8/5 speed combo and the only R700 They bought also originally had the V8/5 speed combo.

T.

Thad,

The V8 Macks of the era often had 5 speeds behind them. My F originally had an 865/5speed, The 1st Cruiseliner that Parrish Leasing bought had a V8/5 speed combo and the only R700 They bought also originally had the V8/5 speed combo.

T.

Hmmm ok so the 865's had 5 speeds then. LOL no wonder why im trying to get every scrap of mack info on wikipedia to end all this confusion :wacko: . I have seen an dolder B model with a V8 and quad box. maybe it was repowered but man do I ever get confused with what engine could be paired with which transmission in which truck. Argh..... I will make a post later asking for engine and trans info.

-Thad

Thaddeus THe 903's I saw in F Model Macks had 10 or 13 speed Roadrangers in them. I am sure other trans. were avaible.The B Models came with V8 864 engines from factory the B615,B755,andB815 were factory installed with V8.Tom Gannaway thathas the B Model registry has a B615 with V8 and quadbox trans.