Rear View Mirrors For 85Ls

dcc kaiser

Looking to put west coast style mirrors on my 48 85LS. It's an open cab, with full doors. I know some of the purists will cry, but with the kind of highway driving in the Philadelphia area I anticipate doing, safety overrides originality on this one. So, I guess my question is, anyone ever done it, or have any leads as to where I can get them?

Looking to put west coast style mirrors on my 48 85LS. It's an open cab, with full doors. I know some of the purists will cry, but with the kind of highway driving in the Philadelphia area I anticipate doing, safety overrides originality on this one. So, I guess my question is, anyone ever done it, or have any leads as to where I can get them?

I know exactly what you mean ,the 1st mack I had (47 semi open cab) .It had 4" round mirrors ,couldn't see anything, put new chrome mirror heads 5x7 on the arms and made a great improvement,sold that truck when we acquired a 54 mack LS85 it has junior west coast mirrors on it which we added 5"convex mirrors to the brackets . to go with the west coast mirrors you'll have to adjust the bracket a little to fit the top frame of the door which is open(just use 1 brace at the top of the door). You shouldn't have a problem. For the new mirrors try AW DIRECT (www.awdirect.com) or goggle truck mirrors. also if the truck is judged ,most will not take off points for safety items. If want to see a really neat LS85 goggle hoot gibson 52 mack. good luck

George

Malvern's B75 Open cab has West Coast Mirrors and they did a nice job mounting them. (see the 2 B75's together- Radnor's with original mirrors on the left and Malvern's with West Coast mirrors). When mounting the West Coast mirrors- The bottom bracket is standard, the top bracket is modified with a curved/angled bracket to mount at the top of the vent window with 3 bolt holes into the door, to make a sturdy mirror attachment. I have a picture of the mirror details for Malvern's B75 , but have similar picture of the closed cab version on a B85, the only difference is the curved bracket is mounted on on the vent window side. I will scan it if you need it. I personally like the Mack mirrors on this B85 better than the standard generic mirrors on Malvern's B75. The L model door is slightly more vertical, but has the same curved section at the top.

Firemack

post-121-0-90262500-1294169131_thumb.jpg

post-121-0-31441700-1294169287_thumb.jpg

I might be interested in purchasing the old mirrors if you make the change. Send me a PM so we can exchange e-mail addresses. Thanks.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 1 month later...