94 Rd Fanclutck Locked

changed the fan clutch twice now with brand new from mack still locked up any ideas??? its a viscouse clutch on a 94 rd e7 350 mechanical is there a senser somewhere?? if so how does the clutch get a signal without a wire or airline?? got me puzzeled anyone heard of this both clutches were brand new also changed waterpump during first go around no prob yet, used special mack bolts too. thanks Jason

its definetely locked up , mack dealer said this is common when its cold as hell out and u install a new one??? said to drive it a week and c if it frees up some, but this thing was squeeling the belts it was so stiff> tightened belts a bit and gonna drive for a while noisey as hell though and cant b good for the fuel economy never had this on any other truck, guy at mack said those viscouse cluthes are junk right out of the box so i might be swappin it again in a week thanks for any help Jason

I think there may be a couple of different viscous drive clutches. It seems like we had a similar problem on a CV chassis due to the incorrect part number being installed. The viscous fans are generally pretty much trouble free as Bobo said.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"