Block Heater

DCR

My 1958 B Model has a block heater on it but has a plug I am not familiar with. It is a three prong with the ground and two horizontal blades on it. Can anyone tell me what the electrical requirements are on this setup - 120v, 240v, Amps etc.? It is cold in NE Ohio and I want to keep the baby warm.

Thanks.

Denny

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

My 1958 B Model has a block heater on it but has a plug I am not familiar with. It is a three prong with the ground and two horizontal blades on it. Can anyone tell me what the electrical requirements are on this setup - 120v, 240v, Amps etc.? It is cold in NE Ohio and I want to keep the baby warm.

Thanks.

Denny

Does the element have a cord attached to it? It's been awhile since I looked at one but I think the element has a funny looking set of blades on it that the replaceable cord attaches to with the other end of the cord having a normal plug on it. You might try checking out the Zerostart website

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

You are correct Rob. I looked in the Grainger catalog and it shows that style plug as 250 volts available in 15, 20, and 30 amps. Is this the normal block heater in a B? It seems high but what do I know. I have not pulled it yet to see if wiring is good or if it need replaces. If it is that voltage than I will have to add a circuit to the electrical box to provide for the heater.

Denny

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member