Running Cold

garcia26233

Hello to all. Winter is peaking it's head in Texas and I'm running a cool motor. I've had this motor installed a couple months back and temp. hadn't being a issue till now. When I run in the highway and it's 45f-55f degrees outside it reads water temp at or just over 100f and it won't warm up till I stop moving. Temp will be normal as long as its not cold out and on highway, same thing with heater. What can I do or check?? Only thing I can think of is trying a winterfront but I've never had this issue before and don't think it's that cold outside. Can it be the thermostat?

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been fighting a cool runing motor...I covered about 3/4's of the radiator today to ge the temp above 120...went up only a few degree...Dont know WHY I did not think of the thermostat! Probably stuck open...have a new task tomorrow!

your old B model, if not worked, will run cold all the time in the winter months. make sure the shutters close when cold and open when hot. need to work them to get to 180, My R model mack will not go over 160 when started and left to idle in 20-30 deg weather. but as soon as I start working it she comes up to 180 and holds.

What motor?

sounds like the water level is low or the thurmostat is missing/stuck open.Check water level in rad, if topped off pull thurmostat and replace with a new one that is correct for the engines operating temp.

Motor is a '99 E7 460hp. Water level is fine. This only happens when I'm driving, if I stop and store or job site it warms up nice but if hit the road temp drops again.