Should I Change It?

Tonight I was under my R612 installing new air lines for the range and overdrive splitter sections. I have found a couple of things I need to replace. One is the line mentioned earlier that actually feeds air to the high range piston from the slave valve on the upper right side looking at the rear of the trans. The second is the bushings and throwout shaft for the clutch housing. There about 1/8th inch play fore and aft in the bushings that are in the housing itself. I'm sure from my limited experience the shaft is shot too. My question is should I pull the trans from the truck and renew these parts as they present no problems I've experienced so far? I have verified that shifter blocks, and forks have wear in them by removing the shift tower and looking down into the area(s). I have all these parts here at the shop for another RTO-12513 trans on the floor. Everything I've described can be readily done in the truck except the cross shaft.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Do it now while is laid up. If your like me it'll never get done once the wheels hit the road. B) Paul

Oh yeah, thanks for the Huck Bolt info for my AC Chassis. Go them at Fasten All corp down from my shop.Grade 8 too. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE