1988Rd6Mack

How much for parts and labor. What are your thoughts on this. Thank you BOB

You should be able to get a ReMack assembly for you engine. I'm not sure of the price but I'm pretty sure it carries a warranty and is cheaper than the rebuild kit. You just have to install the end capsfrom your oil cooler on the ReMack cooler.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

You should be able to get a ReMack assembly for you engine. I'm not sure of the price but I'm pretty sure it carries a warranty and is cheaper than the rebuild kit. You just have to install the end capsfrom your oil cooler on the ReMack cooler.

I'm not sure what the costs would be, but if you have some mechanical inclination and basic tools, it's easily a DIY job.

Hey, thanks for your advice. I am knew to all of this, do you know where I could buy this remack cooler. About how much do you think I should pay? Bob

Hey, thanks for your advice. I am knew to all of this, do you know where I could buy this remack cooler. About how much do you think I should pay? Bob

Get ahold of a Mack dealership and tell them you want a Mack remanufactured oil cooler assembly. You will probably need to give them the VIN number of your truck. As I said, I'm not sure of the price, but I know the last time I checked the Remack oil cooler was less than the rebuild kit and I think comes with a one (maybe two) year warranty. Mack has some kind of coupon thing going on too right now that might be worth checking out. Here's the link to it: http://www.macktrucks.com/default.aspx?pageid=5044. Since it's asking for your email, etc. you may not trust it. You should be able to get to the same place by going to the Mack Trucks website, click parts and service, click parts, click ReMack, the link to the coupon club is at the bottom of the list.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I've rebuilt three of mine with $15.00 rebuild kits from PAI. It is usually the sealing rings at the core ends that go bad and are very easy to change once the cooler is removed from the engine.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I would also check your trans. oil, the tranny cooler in the rad could be leaking. (not knowing what tranny/rad combo, you have this maybe useless to you) b0Bo

thanks for you help. being new to the mack world any help is appreciated.

thanks for your reply.being new to the mack world any help is appreciated. thanks bob `````