Did Something I Don't Normally Do:

Rob

Tonight, being fully frustrated by the radar job after being informed a US senator will be visiting my radar site that sits on the appropriations comittee for funding these things; I decided I needed some uninterupted "Mack Time". After arriving at the shop and turning on the lights, but before opening the overhead doors as usual, I left the doors down, locked the personel door behind me, and shut the cell phone off. I then decided to do something to the R612. Earlier over the lunch break I ran to Mutual Wheel in E. Peoria and picked up two window kits for the Stemco hubcaps mounted on the steer axle. After installing these, I decided to remove the driver's air seat and relocate it further rearward in the cab utilizing new holes in the baseplate. The seat is a Bostrom Taledaga 915 and in nice shape, but was much too close to the steering wheel and my overhanging gut kept rubbing it. With the seat all the way back and touching the back of the cab structure, I have enough clearance to clear the steering wheel, but can't reach the pedals comfortably. I'll make another set of blocks to glue to the pedals and all will be good.

Also found a bad cell in one of the batteries. Oh well, I like fresh batteries in what I'm driving anyways so I'll order a couple new ones to go with the other two last month and I'll be set on this truck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Rob,

It is always nice to have some "me time" once and awhile. I rarely get any anymore with the two boys requiring dads full attention while in the shop. I wish you could have made it to my place for the chapter truck show and pitch in dinner. I think it will be an annual event now. I am thinking about coming over to your place for a spell and dilivering the detroit to you also.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

Hi Rob,

It is always nice to have some "me time" once and awhile. I rarely get any anymore with the two boys requiring dads full attention while in the shop. I wish you could have made it to my place for the chapter truck show and pitch in dinner. I think it will be an annual event now. I am thinking about coming over to your place for a spell and dilivering the detroit to you also.

Fred

Damn, I forgot about that engine and I'm sure it's in the way where it is stored. I need to work this weekend to finish up with contractors on the radar facility, but need to start buring off vacation time before the end of the year and maybe I can get over that way.

Call me with your working hours so we can plan. I'll have a lot of time due me within the next couple of weeks. We are not going on vacation this year and I'm over 150 "use or lose" vacation hours already that need expended or donated to someone sick/deserving of them.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Damn, I forgot about that engine and I'm sure it's in the way where it is stored. I need to work this weekend to finish up with contractors on the radar facility, but need to start buring off vacation time before the end of the year and maybe I can get over that way.

Call me with your working hours so we can plan. I'll have a lot of time due me within the next couple of weeks. We are not going on vacation this year and I'm over 150 "use or lose" vacation hours already that need expended or donated to someone sick/deserving of them.

Rob

I'll take 'em!..when do I start?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Got the seat remounted to the baseplate in a much better arrangement than original. I plan to go with an 18" steering wheel, (truck has power steering) which should allow me to not have the seat all the way back in the tracks. This will allow me to reach the pedals without the blocks glued on.

Rob