Mh E7 5 Speed

Guys,

I am looking at a 1985 MH with an e7 300 with a 5 speed, single axle. I want to haul the B75 on a 24 foot trailer so I think total load with the trailer will be about 20000lbs. I have known the owner of the truck and his company- and he had multiple Macks including a 1964 F model with an 864 twin turbo- it is still running, and just saw it recently. He always kept the trucks clean. This MH has 1.5M miles. I don't know if it has been rebuilt yet.

Any issues with the MH- I never drove an MH- I did drive a lot of IH COE tractors most with Cummins 350's some with Detroits, all with 13 speed roadrangers hauling doubles, what issues should I be aware of with the MH E7 300? Any rust areas, engine issues etc.

What is a ballpark price if not rebuilt, and if rebuilt?

Thanks

Firemack

Looked it over today, has 1.5M miles, was rebuilt about 10 years ago at about 1M miles. Engine sounds good, no smoke at idle. I drove it in the yard, but was not able to drive it on the street as it is not registered or inspected.

It is the E6 2 valve 5 speed, looks in good condition- tires are good, everything works. Rear pinion seal has a small leak. Did not have any blow by when I pulled the dipstick.

Any other issues I should look for with this truck-engine and trans?

Thanks

Firemack

Sounds like your ok with the drive train. It's a good spec for light duty. We had one with wedge brake and you had to depend on the trailer brakes to get it stopped. Check the steps. They usually break and are hard to find. Most have been repaired. At age 25 the chrome is coming off the plastic grill and those pieces are also getting scarce. We have parted out some MH's and may have what you need.

Sounds like your ok with the drive train. It's a good spec for light duty. We had one with wedge brake and you had to depend on the trailer brakes to get it stopped. Check the steps. They usually break and are hard to find. Most have been repaired. At age 25 the chrome is coming off the plastic grill and those pieces are also getting scarce. We have parted out some MH's and may have what you need.

I have a 1986 mack mh613 and am looking for a grill plus some other odd and end parts. Please email me a price and condition of it. Thanks,

Corey B. Price

Proclaiming JESUS as SAVIOR to Truckers and all the World!!!!

I have a 1986 mack mh613 and am looking for a grill plus some other odd and end parts. Please email me a price and condition of it. Thanks,

Corey B. Price

Also it has been a tandem but been converted to single axle wanting to make back to a tandem axle letg me know if you have any of these parts. Thanks

Proclaiming JESUS as SAVIOR to Truckers and all the World!!!!