Mack To Lay Off 450

You can thank the govt for the 07 motors for this. All mfg will be laying off due to the fact that no one will be buying anything for the first 2 quarters of 07.

Sign me up. I want to pay $6,000-$12,000 MORE for something that will be less efficient & higher maintance costs. Yup, that makes perfect sense!

You can thank the govt for the 07 motors for this. All mfg will be laying off due to the fact that no one will be buying anything for the first 2 quarters of 07.

Sign me up. I want to pay $6,000-$12,000 MORE for something that will be less efficient & higher maintance costs. Yup, that makes perfect sense!

I think there is more to this than just the new tighter EPA regs- the layoffs are starting now and the regs don't take effect until the 1st of the year. None the less, I think the tighter emmissions requirements, though needed, were poorly handled. The pain would be a lot less if the requirements were phased in over several years rather than all at once.