Front Spring

macattack

i just need to know if i just tap this pin out. no threads just a set screw. also probably wise to replace the spring eye bushing (mack calls it an insulator). it goes into the eye of the front spring and then the pin.

any hints on r and r pin and bushing?

front driver spring.

thanks

That pin would have to be worn bad to cause any kind of sag,if you can jack up the front of the truck under the bumper to get the weight off and look for any free play,the set screw holds the pin in loosen it than drive out the pin,jack up the front end so the spring end is out of the shackle and drive out the old bushings and replace them with new,I only did it once and had a heck of time getting the new pin in,the next time I went to a spring shop and they did the job while I waited took about half hour to forty minutes and I was on my way. Good luck if you do it yourself.

any one tell me how tough a job it is to replace the pin on my front spring. pin looks like it is held with a set screw. doesnt look like it threads in. does a guy just tap it out? could a bad pin cause sag?

thanks

Are you sure you dont have a broken bottom leaf, it is hard to tell on like 78 and newer camelbacks they have that webbing between the U bolts. do you notice any thing rubbing at the T end of the spring. Ron

In a typical suspension system for a vehicle with front-engine and front-wheel drive, the weight of the vehicle applies an initial compression to the coil springs. When the tires and wheels encounter irregularities in the road, the springs further compress or expand to absorb most of the shock. The suspension at the rear wheels is usually simpler than for the front wheels, which require multiple-point attachments so the wheels can move up and down while swinging from side to side for steering. :wacko: