1954 B-42t Mack

tzech

I'm new to this forum. I've bought a 1954 Mack B42T with a Holmes Wrecker body on it. It's in BAD shape. I've started the restoration process but I'm in need of a "shop manual" for wiring, etc. I'm also looking for many parts. Anyone have any suggestions or leads?

Your in the right place, When you say bad shape, do you mean body is shot, engine seized? I didn't look down thru the various forums, but there is one for just about anything you need here. If you need help with the Holmes bed, make a post over at aths.org . I think Spanky is the Holmes expert over there or possibly Shifty, but one or the other has a lot of knowledge of Holmes beds. Can you post some pics of your B?

T.

I've picked up both the parts and service manuals for my B42 at different times on EBAY. Both came pretty reasonable. Check Ebay Motors under Mack as they do come up from time to time. Ebay can be good for parts also. For new parts try Watt's Mack, he's got some nice stuff . If you need alot of used parts check around at salvage yards or look into getting a parts truck. Hope this helps, Art :thumb:

Your in the right place, When you say bad shape, do you mean body is shot, engine seized? I didn't look down thru the various forums, but there is one for just about anything you need here. If you need help with the Holmes bed, make a post over at aths.org . I think Spanky is the Holmes expert over there or possibly Shifty, but one or the other has a lot of knowledge of Holmes beds. Can you post some pics of your B?

T.

The body is real bad!!!!! I can manually turn the engine over but it want start. I've pulled the engine and trans to rebulid and the cab is about ready to be lifted off tomarrow (Monday Oct. 16th). If I can figure out how to post pictures I will. Thanks for the info.

I've picked up both the parts and service manuals for my B42 at different times on EBAY. Both came pretty reasonable. Check Ebay Motors under Mack as they do come up from time to time. Ebay can be good for parts also. For new parts try Watt's Mack, he's got some nice stuff . If you need alot of used parts check around at salvage yards or look into getting a parts truck. Hope this helps, Art :thumb:

Thanks for the info.

what is it you need exactly because i've got an old :SMOKIE-LFT: manual with most of the electrical diagram's in it

Everything! This truck is in real bad shape and I'm going to do a frame off restoration. I've got the engine, trans out and the cab is stripped and will be off tomarrow. Thanks Toby

Wiring diagrams are on 'oldmacksrus.com' under info section. Be sure to send in info to registure your B42, I'm working on the update now so shake a leg. The Holmes bed - if you can find serial number tag on the bed, I can tell model and date of manufacture.

thanks,

Tom

Were should I send in my info and what info to register my truck? I do have the serial numbers for the Holmes Wrecker and have talked with Holmes. They were very helpful so I have most everything for that. All the body panels for the wrecker will have to be fabricated. By the way it is a Holmes 650. Thanks Toby toby@zechstowing.com

Wiring diagrams are on 'oldmacksrus.com' under info section. Be sure to send in info to registure your B42, I'm working on the update now so shake a leg. The Holmes bed - if you can find serial number tag on the bed, I can tell model and date of manufacture.

thanks,

Tom

I found where you were talking about to register my truck. I'll have it done Monday Oct 16th.

Toby toby@zechstowing.com

T.

Here are some pictures. Toby toby@zechstowing.com

post-910-1161005362_thumb.jpg

post-910-1161005402_thumb.jpg

post-910-1161005423_thumb.jpg

post-910-1161005439_thumb.jpg

post-910-1161005451_thumb.jpg

post-910-1161005465_thumb.jpg

post-910-1161005485_thumb.jpg

post-910-1161005496_thumb.jpg

post-910-1161005511_thumb.jpg

post-910-1161005523_thumb.jpg