Of all the old trucks the R-600 is probably my favorite combination.

That 237 seems to always run great, and the five speed is just plain simple.

The cab is comfortable with great visibility and they don't even ride too bad.

I like these a lot!

Good luck with the old girl.

Paul Van Scott

They certainly were the workhorses of their day which ran many years.

Nice looking truck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I will third the motion what Paul and Rob have said. I had truck parking duties this morning at a ATHS show in Cookville,TN and a R 600 with 300 engine pulled up and I asked him to park his truck up front so it would fill up the last spot closest to the entrance which is where I was standing. I will post this picture tomorrow. It was a honey of a truck....very clean.

Yours looks very good, thanks for posting it here.

Many Regards

mike

Thanks for the replys. The ole girl spent the first 12 years of her life pulling a flat bed loaded with southern yellow pine lumber. After the lumber company sold out, our local volunteer FD bought her, had the frame streched and added a tanker body. We retired her from fire service this year and I am returning her to tractor service for hay and farm equipment hauling. I just wish the chief would of had a preference for red fire trucks instead of yellow. The original color is green and I hope to eventually put on a new coat of paint.