Tilting Truck

stevenjohnston2

We have a 94 mack with a slight lean on the passenger side. When the truck is on the shop floor and I measure up to the frame it is a full two inches lower on the pass. side. I'm not sure if it just some worn out leaf springs or if there is something else going on. Any help would be appreciated.

I would measure from spring to rebound stop mount on both sides to see if it is a weak spring. (assuming it is not chassis twist). I'd also look for worn spring shackle bushings and or a broken leaf for starters. Had a similar problem on my DM and it was a combo of worn spring bushings and a broken leaf behind one of the spring clamps. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I had that problem with my CH when I bought it. The axle was offline...one side further back than the other...and it had a nice gangsta lean to the drivers side. Thought maybe it was a weak spring/busted center pin on the spring.

Turns out the shackles were shot and the frame was slightly tweaked. The spring shop put new springs, shackles and a short block under the drivers side spring.

It drives well, tracks straight and doesn't have any other weird things goin on.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg