E9 Rpms

Mack Doctor Jr.

Well im gonna put a new fuel pump and injectors in this winter, and was wondering if 4000 rpm is unreasonable with stock heads and cam. Im gonna try to make my own headers cause the turbo im gonna run wont bolt up to the stock manifold. Theres a couple of CATS that need mauled around here and this may do the trick. :)

Well im gonna put a new fuel pump and injectors in this winter, and was wondering if 4000 rpm is unreasonable with stock heads and cam. Im gonna try to make my own headers cause the turbo im gonna run wont bolt up to the stock manifold. Theres a couple of CATS that need mauled around here and this may do the trick. :)

I got to beleive you will float valves with stock heads at 4 grand! Broken lifters were a problem with these on over speed 2600 maybe. but .at 4000 you'll have push rods thru valve covers in my opinion

Sounds like you need to talk to JR Collins. He's got a lot of technology tied up in the Buckeye Bulldog, but I think he told me they a running a special cam and lifters but the heads are built with standard parts that you can buy off the Mack shelf and he's turning that thing between 5000 and 6000 rpm's.

Well i was hoping at least to get 3200 with stock components. They want about 10 grand for a set of Jr's heads. I can get a cam ground for about 900 bucks, when i know what grind I need. That pump and injectors is gonna cost me 5800 bucks. O well its just money and I cant take with me. :rolleyes:

This is all my competition. The red pete and the white international are brothers with hot CAT motors. And our 2 trucks are the white MH and the old tired yellow R Model.

Well i was hoping at least to get 3200 with stock components. They want about 10 grand for a set of Jr's heads. I can get a cam ground for about 900 bucks, when i know what grind I need. That pump and injectors is gonna cost me 5800 bucks. O well its just money and I cant take with me. :rolleyes:

This is all my competition. The red pete and the white international are brothers with hot CAT motors. And our 2 trucks are the white MH and the old tired yellow R Model.

Looks like those two guys with the high rpm trucks need to be bumped up a class.

4,000+ rpm vs. stock trucks is pretty ignorant.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg