1938 Fire Engine

gene8088

Our Department has a 1938 Fire engine that we are trying to figure out the engine spec's in. We are having magnito problems and would like to get some info if possible. Truck is in great shape, fully functionable. We just want to do more with it. Anyone that can give us some insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

I am assuming this is a Mack???? I would start by contacting the Mack Trucks museum in Allentown, Pa. Make sure you have the serial number of the truck. They will pull the archives of the truck, copy, and send to you. Very friendly guys at the museum, always willing to help out someone in "Mack" need.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I am assuming this is a Mack???? I would start by contacting the Mack Trucks museum in Allentown, Pa. Make sure you have the serial number of the truck. They will pull the archives of the truck, copy, and send to you. Very friendly guys at the museum, always willing to help out someone in "Mack" need.

Thanks for your help.

My advice ,keep that mack no matter what ,it's a piece of history, contact the mack museum in allentown ,they will sent you all the info on your truck. the magnito can be repaired ( check the names on the list) good luck

Believe it or not there were a few in the Department that wanted to get rid of it but that idea was shot down in a hurry. The truck has been in our town since brand new. The sales man was delivering it(New York Plant) during a snow storm and wrecked it. Needed to go back for a whole front end and they also put a larger "bus engine" in it (brand new at the time). The truck still runs good, drives and pumps water. We do use it for parades and funeral detail. There are two sets of plugs for every cylinder but right now its only firing off the distributor. Gonna look into the Mag and start there.