I'm Comin' To New Alexandria Pa!

Freightrain

I have a race at Pittsburgh Raceway Park on Sept 18th and didn't realize til this afternoon that it's just down the road from Watts Mack.

Unfortunately gates open at 8am and it will be a LONGGGG day so I won't be able to stop by and say Hey! Likely be going by before you guys even open so can't say you'll hear my horn?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have a race at Pittsburgh Raceway Park on Sept 18th and didn't realize til this afternoon that it's just down the road from Watts Mack.

Unfortunately gates open at 8am and it will be a LONGGGG day so I won't be able to stop by and say Hey! Likely be going by before you guys even open so can't say you'll hear my horn?

We're here at 6am even on Saturdays! PRP is about 2-1/2 miles east of our shop.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Well, if Barry is going to be there, I might try to make a quick stop. Gunno have to get up at 4am anyway, as I'm planning 2 1/2-3hr drive and want to get there at a respectable time. Coming the long way....turnpike, as it's a longer travel time it's an easier drive then back roading it on Rt 30.

Barry, did you get my email a few weeks back? I sent it through BMT but hadn't heard back. I have a question about an R model axle and how comparable it is to my B model. We're thinking as long as king pins are the same, we can swap spindles. Only problem is it's a cross steer axle and not sure how my pitman arm will work. If I can make it work, I'm converting to Budds when I put the air ride on the back.

Only information on axle was 3915 P5 FA

nothing after the FA like I thought it would. Make any sense?

Larry

Well, if Barry is going to be there, I might try to make a quick stop. Gunno have to get up at 4am anyway, as I'm planning 2 1/2-3hr drive and want to get there at a respectable time. Coming the long way....turnpike, as it's a longer travel time it's an easier drive then back roading it on Rt 30.

Barry, did you get my email a few weeks back? I sent it through BMT but hadn't heard back. I have a question about an R model axle and how comparable it is to my B model. We're thinking as long as king pins are the same, we can swap spindles. Only problem is it's a cross steer axle and not sure how my pitman arm will work. If I can make it work, I'm converting to Budds when I put the air ride on the back.

Only information on axle was 3915 P5 FA

nothing after the FA like I thought it would. Make any sense?

I think they would be interchangeable but yeah, the FA should have something after it. Like FA 505 or something. I though I did reply unless it bounced back...I do remember seeing the email! :(

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I looked very hard at the axle and saw nothing after the "FA". My big thing is the bolt pattern holding the backing plate and will my steering arm bolt to it. Maybe I'll stop by again soon and take some sand paper and brake clean to inspect it better. It's cut off laying on the ground where I got the rear axle. He kept it just in case it might work for me to get budds on the front.

Larry

Well, my trip schedule may change. Might be coming out Friday afternoon and staying the night so that I don't have to get up at 4am. Doing so will give me time to swing by and say Howdy. We'll see how it goes.

Larry