Help On A Rear End

hey guys, i own a 1984 superliner primemover, and i am currently working on the rear ends..

we just replaced the rear-rear pinion and worm gear(which was all screwed up by my old driver) and am now working on the front-rear. the problem now is that we just found out that the peanuts on the power divider shaft cage thing(sorry i don't know what it's called) was all worn out, cracked and broken(looks like my old driver screwed me big time)Can a rebuilt cage be bought as well as for the peanut things? any leads? also is the air-lock power divider particular with gear ratios? i mean, can i just buy any used rear end and pull out the power divider and air locker and just slap it into place?

it's a big shame that now that i need this truck moving, i'm ending up with more problems... i'm in the heavy earth moving business and this baby was my work horse pulling my 100 ton lowboy. oh well...

one more question how can i know what the weight capacity is fopr my rear ends? i bought this truck used and it didn't come with any paper work or anything regarding it's maintenance and factory record.

i'm located all the way here in the Philippines, so it's a real pain trying to fix this truck up, but when i last worked on it 10 years back, it was all worth it.!!

hey guys, i own a 1984 superliner primemover, and i am currently working on the rear ends..

we just replaced the rear-rear pinion and worm gear(which was all screwed up by my old driver) and am now working on the front-rear. the problem now is that we just found out that the peanuts on the power divider shaft cage thing(sorry i don't know what it's called) was all worn out, cracked and broken(looks like my old driver screwed me big time)Can a rebuilt cage be bought as well as for the peanut things? any leads? also is the air-lock power divider particular with gear ratios? i mean, can i just buy any used rear end and pull out the power divider and air locker and just slap it into place?

it's a big shame that now that i need this truck moving, i'm ending up with more problems... i'm in the heavy earth moving business and this baby was my work horse pulling my 100 ton lowboy. oh well...

one more question how can i know what the weight capacity is fopr my rear ends? i bought this truck used and it didn't come with any paper work or anything regarding it's maintenance and factory record.

i'm located all the way here in the Philippines, so it's a real pain trying to fix this truck up, but when i last worked on it 10 years back, it was all worth it.!!

(copied my post from "Power Divider")

The wedges should only be replaced as sets along with the inner cam. Wedges were available as a matched set w/o cage. I think the part number for a CRDPC92 rear end is 30KN112, that part number has likely changed, but I think the wedge set is still available.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

In answer to your capacity question If the axle ends are pointy you have 44000 lbs diffs if the ends are flat you have 38000 lbs diffs the 38000 will be a welded housing the 44000 will be a cast housing reguardless of the axle flange.

As for this > can i just buy any used rear end and pull out the power divider and air locker and just slap it into place ?Yes! by all means buy a used one.

In answer to your capacity question If the axle ends are pointy you have 44000 lbs diffs if the ends are flat you have 38000 lbs diffs the 38000 will be a welded housing the 44000 will be a cast housing reguardless of the axle flange.

As for this > can i just buy any used rear end and pull out the power divider and air locker and just slap it into place ?Yes! by all means buy a used one.

fjh i did that and the outer drum has notches on the front on a locker setup and the power divider setup dose not. the early rears had course splines later had fine on the pinion so you would have to get the right one. Ron

fjh i did that and the outer drum has notches on the front on a locker setup and the power divider setup dose not. the early rears had course splines later had fine on the pinion so you would have to get the right one. Ron

Correct, there is there is also diffrences in the pinion housing depth so you have to be working with the same ratio.