1999 460 Motor

BIGMAC

Here comes the questions boy's...I'm driving a 99' RD model tri-axle dump with the 460 motor & 8LL eaton tranny & this thing has no balls, it only makes 20-25 psi of boost & the pyro reads anywere between 950-1100 degree's loaded, I've driven 350 hp mechanical motored :mack1: that would blow the fricken door's of this thing loaded or empty...It sounds like there's a leak coming from the turbo when you really jump on it, is that what's causing it ya think ??? What should a 460 motor put out for boost & how hot should the pyro get @ max...Also I think a motor mount is shot because when you shift it you can almost feel the motor twist the shifter right out of your hand...When my boss said you got the Mack I just about hugged him, now I want to punch him :D

Edited by BIGMAC

Here comes the questions boy's...I'm driving a 99' RD model tri-axle dump with the 460 motor & 8LL eaton tranny & this thing has no balls, it only makes 20-25 psi of boost & the pyro reads anywere between 950-1100 degree's loaded, I've driven 350 hp mechanical motored :mack1: that would blow the fricken door's of this thing loaded or empty...It sounds like there's a leak coming from the turbo when you really jump on it, is that what's causing it ya think ??? What should a 460 motor put out for boost & how hot should the pyro get @ max...Also I think a motor mount is shot because when you shift it you can almost feel the motor twist the shifter right out of your hand...When my boss said you got the Mack I just about hugged him, now I want to punch him :D

Boost specification should be 27-33 psi at full load rated speed. Maximum pyrometer reading is 1280 deg.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Check the compresor inlet hose runs from the under side of the engine inlet manifold to the compressor intake !Betch its got a hole in it! You have a leak some where for sure look for torn or or blown hoses on the after cooler also!Boost leaks!

Check the compresor inlet hose runs from the under side of the engine inlet manifold to the compressor intake !Betch its got a hole in it! You have a leak some where for sure look for torn or or blown hoses on the after cooler also!Boost leaks!

Thanks for the info...

Can the pyro really get to a max 1,280*..And produce 27-33 psi of boost ? I drove a 93' R-Model dump with the 350 mechanical motor & it would build 40psi & never get over 900* & was a rocket ship :rmod_dump:

Edited by BIGMAC

Thanks for the info...

Can the pyro really get to a max 1,280*..And produce 27-33 psi of boost ? I drove a 93' R-Model dump with the 350 mechanical motor & it would build 40psi & never get over 900* & was a rocket ship :rmod_dump:

No, 1280 deg. is the maximum allowable temperature, but you should be seeing somewhere around 900 deg. if everything is right.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I Have 95 e7 427 , I get about 34 psi, I can get my pyro up to about 1100 if I let her lugg down to about 1300 rpms ,but as soon as it hits 1100 , I grab a lower gear . I also run with a guy that has 99 rd with the 460 . he has the thirteen speed and his runs really strong . So I believe your air cooler has a leak or you got something else going wrong

I Have 95 e7 427 , I get about 34 psi, I can get my pyro up to about 1100 if I let her lugg down to about 1300 rpms ,but as soon as it hits 1100 , I grab a lower gear . I also run with a guy that has 99 rd with the 460 . he has the thirteen speed and his runs really strong . So I believe your air cooler has a leak or you got something else going wrong

With what your getting right now you should have some black smoke while pulling!

Had that problem with mine...had a middle finger sized hole in it and was losing 8-10lbs of boost. It's kind of a bastard to get out, but once you get to it you'll understand why it gets a hole, they don't leave much room for it back there. If that's the problem, when you put the new one in, find some rubber hose to go over top of all the bends in that pipe then clamp the rubber onto the pipe.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg