Back To Air Line Issues

ducky698

Hi, ok theses things are nothing more than an absolute stress, I would rather build another Bat mobile Tumbler than deal with these confusing horrible things. I have been on the bendix site, I have a truck with all new components and no lines, I have got yellow button, red button, tractor protection valve, 5 quick release valves, 2 R8? valves 1 SR-1 valve one regulator(for gearbox I assume?) 1 treddle valve, 3x valves with 3 lines am unsure what these are at the moment, there only little. in the documents on the bendix site for the SR-1 valve it tells you all about the valve, then shows a diagram on next page with out it even in the diagram! why have the diagram? where do I find a detailed diagram with all these valves set up? and I mean detailed, put hose end A here on valve A port d etc that sort of thing. any info would be great. thankyou.

Grant

The old Mack service manuals from the mid 70's had detailed air system schematics, if you can get your hands on one of those that would be best.

Those schematics would not show the air lines to a Spicer trans however.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Hello,this is my first post here so my opinion comes with no reputation.That being said having faced the same situation and found the easiest solution was to find a truck like mine,model,year,ect. and take a ton of pictures and sketch a diagram of each component. Still a major chore but i got it done.Hope this helps and i understand not all places have alot of trucks around so it may not. Good luck,Ryan

Grant, I can constitute a diagram for you as my R700 has much of the same hardware you are mentioning and having trouble with. I just got back and it will be a few days but I would like to have much of the same information readily available when I reframe this truck shortly.

I will probably do away with the R-1 relay valve however as an R-14 valve will do the same when plumbed into the system for anti compounding of the rear brakes. Currently the truck has an SR-1 valve.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hello,this is my first post here so my opinion comes with no reputation.That being said having faced the same situation and found the easiest solution was to find a truck like mine,model,year,ect. and take a ton of pictures and sketch a diagram of each component. Still a major chore but i got it done.Hope this helps and i understand not all places have alot of trucks around so it may not. Good luck,Ryan

Hello, thanks, i have looked at a few trucks, there all differant. and trying to back track hoses on a complete truck is hard to do.

Grant

Grant, I can constitute a diagram for you as my R700 has much of the same hardware you are mentioning and having trouble with. I just got back and it will be a few days but I would like to have much of the same information readily available when I reframe this truck shortly.

I will probably do away with the R-1 relay valve however as an R-14 valve will do the same when plumbed into the system for anti compounding of the rear brakes. Currently the truck has an SR-1 valve.

Rob

Hi, they have given me 2 R14 valves, 5 quick release valves, 3 double check valves, 1 sr-1 valve an a tractor protection valve. the books i have access to dont show a diagram in detail either.

Grant

Hi, they have given me 2 R14 valves, 5 quick release valves, 3 double check valves, 1 sr-1 valve an a tractor protection valve. the books i have access to dont show a diagram in detail either.

Grant

I'm not planning to use two R14 valves but rather an R12 for controlling the service brakes and the R14 for the spring brakes. This will eliminate the SR1 valve from the circuit.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Grant

Try searchiing the Bendix Document Library for BW1231 (wall chart) and BW5057 (air brake handbook). You might also check Haldex/Midlands document library as well.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

hey grant just go to paganellie's mate they should be able to help.or ring VMC in brisbane they have a mack guru working there nuff said.

Hello, Paganellis just say bring it to the workshop and we will sort it out. I tried to get that bendix brake diagram, but couldnt find it, I found another one but it doesnt show quick release valves, ATAP supplied it all, but they cant supply a diagram for all the components they supplied.

Grant

Hello, Paganellis just say bring it to the workshop and we will sort it out. I tried to get that bendix brake diagram, but couldnt find it, I found another one but it doesnt show quick release valves, ATAP supplied it all, but they cant supply a diagram for all the components they supplied.

Grant

I'm not exactly sure it will help, but can't hurt to have it on hand. Try these links:

http://www.bendixvrc.com/itemDisplay.asp?documentID=5569

http://www.bendixvrc.com/itemDisplay.asp?documentID=5483

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

damn are pag's gettin that tight?

yep, there all getting tite, dont want to give out that precious info over here. loose them money. I wouldnt mind if I had looked at ten tricks and all the same, but every trucks differant! and someone from ATAP has given me all these valves and said you need all these, yet I have not found a diagram yet with them all in it an they cant supply one.

Grant

Hi, ok theses things are nothing more than an absolute stress, I would rather build another Bat mobile Tumbler than deal with these confusing horrible things. I have been on the bendix site, I have a truck with all new components and no lines, I have got yellow button, red button, tractor protection valve, 5 quick release valves, 2 R8? valves 1 SR-1 valve one regulator(for gearbox I assume?) 1 treddle valve, 3x valves with 3 lines am unsure what these are at the moment, there only little. in the documents on the bendix site for the SR-1 valve it tells you all about the valve, then shows a diagram on next page with out it even in the diagram! why have the diagram? where do I find a detailed diagram with all these valves set up? and I mean detailed, put hose end A here on valve A port d etc that sort of thing. any info would be great. thankyou.

Grant

Gday mate hows it goin? What year model truck are you doing up? What air system is it going to have? By the sound of it you are gunna have a dual system. On the R and F models of around that time they had a really good diagram on the inside of the passenger side door, and it gives you a pretty good idea of where each line hooks into each valve. Ill have a look at the one Ive got.

grant i live in kalgoorlie mate.............and we seem to get info out of pag,s easily ................maybe a helpfull hand would leap forth if ya spent a bit of coin with em..............lol...........

next time your up this way have a look at paul perry's r700 bog standard ill give you his number if you want it?

grant i live in kalgoorlie mate.............and we seem to get info out of pag,s easily ................maybe a helpfull hand would leap forth if ya spent a bit of coin with em..............lol...........

next time your up this way have a look at paul perry's r700 bog standard ill give you his number if you want it?

Hi, have we met? was it you I spoke to at Coolgardie Caltex? I was on way back to perth in the B double and was under your truck counting crossmembers. I have spent a bit with pags if I buy something and ask a question I get an answer, if I dont and I ask a question I get a diffrant answer. am gong to call someone and say plumb this. am doing the wiring now on the cab, a new full harness, much easier than dealing with those horrible brake lines, i have even got electric wipers to work.

Grant

• 2 weeks later...

Gday mate hows it goin? What year model truck are you doing up? What air system is it going to have? By the sound of it you are gunna have a dual system. On the R and F models of around that time they had a really good diagram on the inside of the passenger side door, and it gives you a pretty good idea of where each line hooks into each valve. Ill have a look at the one Ive got.

Hello, yes its a dual system, have done the lines from the chambers to quick release valves to the R14 valves and have stopped there. have not done any lines in the cab, the red/yellow buttons are seperate plastic versions. i have converted the brake pedal valve to inside the cab from a western star, they tell me its the same treddle valve though. none lines are done inside cab at all. have been doing the electrical and radiator etc lately.

Grant