B Model Pancake And Air Line Part Sources

61sleepercab

I am working on a B-61T single axle tractor and I am not going to trust the pancakes in tha air chambers or the axle to frame rubber air lines that may be pushing 40 years old. Where are sources for these parts and how do you identify the parts as I believe that the rear axle has been swapped out some time before. Any help would be helpful. Thanks

Does it have maxi brakes? If not, no biggie. The chambers are available at most all truck shops pretty reasonable prices too. Rubber lines can be remade at those shops too, but you might think of putting plastic on it? Not period correct, but easier to put on and replace later.

Do you have any truck dealers around? The parts counter should be able to help you out.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

i Would strongly recommend buying new or rebuilt cambers, unless you have ever took :SMOKIE-LFT::SMOKIE-RT: apart and fixed them yourself, i have and i still just replaced mine, i took my truck down to the bare frame and started over, i replaced all of the copper lines with plastic, He's right it's not period but hey i am going to use mine