Air Pressure Warning Buzzer

Hey y'all,

My low air pressure warning buzzer normally comes on with the turn of the key and goes off when system pressure is around 60 PSI. Here lately, it is staying on although air pressure is normal. What switch turns this on and off, where is it and should it be replaced. I rapped it with my hand it it shut off. Also, I was thinking of putting a wig wag in the cab. Do they attach well to the access panel above the windshield in the middle?

Thanks in advance,

George

I think larry aka freightrain has a wig wag in his cab? as far as the buzzer its a simple presser switch that is in line with the air system. easy to replace and not to hard to get at with the dash removed or from under the dash. I just replaced mine in the R model and it took all of 20 mins

trent

I think larry aka freightrain has a wig wag in his cab? as far as the buzzer its a simple presser switch that is in line with the air system. easy to replace and not to hard to get at with the dash removed or from under the dash. I just replaced mine in the R model and it took all of 20 mins

trent

I see the solenoid type buzzer but what sends the signal (voltage / circuit completion) for it to start or stop buzzing? I assume since it will not go off and keeps buzzing, that it is working. Just the switch for air pressure is hosed. Am I right in this? I guess in saying all of this, I am asking where the "pressure" switch is?

Thanks for the response,

George

• 15 years later...
24 minutes ago, Orlando said:

My RD mack buzzer stay on i change the buzzer but it still stay on .Wat could be cause this?

Sounds like the Pressure switch is Faulty.. Or at least that's where I'd Look First..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -