V8 Turbo Mack Motor

up at my family's saw mill there is an engine that was pulled out of an R 700 L, and replaced with a BCIII 400 cummins. I was wondering what it is and if it would be worth rebuilding for high performance. it is a V8 with turbo, where should I look to find size and model #? thanks, :huh: Doug

up at my family's saw mill there is an engine that was pulled out of an R 700 L, and replaced with a BCIII 400 cummins. I was wondering what it is and if it would be worth rebuilding for high performance. it is a V8 with turbo, where should I look to find size and model #? thanks, :huh:  Doug

On the rocker cover there should be a plate with the info regarding DOB, and Hp rating,My 500 has it on the left front cover. nigel

On the rocker cover there should be a plate with the info regarding DOB, and Hp rating,My 500 has it on the left front cover. nigel

Thanks, maybe the reason it was swapped out for the cummins was because of the lack of parts availability and cost I am going up there today to look for some steer axel brakes for truxnut, so I will look for the engine info then Thanks Doug