Air Ride

b61fred

I have been throwing the idea for air ride around. I have come across a freightliner rear clip, has rockwell rears. It looks as if it would slide over the existing rails, Any one come across this? I have been wanting to ad a bunk and lingthen the frame so I can take the ever growing family with me to the shows.

B61 fred

15 gears...no waiting!

Morgan, have you seen my air ride thread?

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?showtopic=14017

I was going to use F/L frame, but got switched to a '92 Ford Neway single axle frame. It's a slipfit over my B frame. It was 34" outside(3/8" thick) and mine is right at 33 3/8" outside. Any closer and I'd call it perfect.

I'm adding about 4ft for a 42" bunk. I'll have about 70" of overlap to bolt it together.

I got the gears switched out this week(from 3.70 to a slower 4.10) to a more low power friendly set up. Still gaining about 7 mph over my 4.62's. Next is getting the budd hubs off and swapping for Dayton.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

hi,

Well I scored the deal today on the freightliner cutoff, tandem sq-100 4-10 ratio, cut way under the cab with the correct style stud pilot wheels for $350. Not too bad I thought. I remember the thread and have found several threads on ATHS also. I think the "sleeve" method will be easy and strong but, I would like for it to be pleasing to the eye also. I hate to do this to a prestine truck, but the b-61 is the most popular b-model and mine is far from prestine. The frame is getting thin under the trunion stand and will need repaired anyway. I think it will be a good fit.

Morgan

15 gears...no waiting!

hi,

Well I scored the deal today on the freightliner cutoff, tandem sq-100 4-10 ratio, cut way under the cab with the correct style stud pilot wheels for $350. Not too bad I thought. I remember the thread and have found several threads on ATHS also. I think the "sleeve" method will be easy and strong but, I would like for it to be pleasing to the eye also. I hate to do this to a prestine truck, but the b-61 is the most popular b-model and mine is far from prestine. The frame is getting thin under the trunion stand and will need repaired anyway. I think it will be a good fit.

Morgan

Morgan the last 2-3 years down at Elnora truck show there was a real nice looking gray or green B61 with a sleeper had Freightliner airride look like a good job, you might check it out this fall if he is back. he had it for sale last year. Ron

My truck is far from pristine also. The new addition will be slipped right up to behind the cab, covered by a sleeper and a large generator box on one side/battery box on the other. With the only 1" height difference in frame it will be hardly noticable.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

My truck is far from pristine also. The new addition will be slipped right up to behind the cab, covered by a sleeper and a large generator box on one side/battery box on the other. With the only 1" height difference in frame it will be hardly noticable.

Larry i slipped a 96 CH613 frame and airride under my B61 no welding slid the frame up to the cab crossmember under the sleeper looks a lot better that way,mine was an 1" difference too. Freightliner airride is cheaper than Mack airride but i wanted to stay with Mack rears, rides alot better bobtailing. Ron